Sunday, April 01, 2007

You Smell Like a Winner, Jimmy!!!

There is no way this doesn't make top movie of the weekend. It is that good, people. Feel good and wacky, it was everything Ferrell wasn't in that stupid Ricky Bobby movie. And Jon Heder once again kicks ass as a young, golden maned orphan/prodigy iceskater. He kind of looked like a young Tommy Shaw at times...
Nick Swardson play an obsessed fan of Heder, and has some of the best quotes in the movie. Too bad he's not in it but a few scenes. Great supporting cast, too many people to mention!
A is the score! Yes, it was gay. Yes, it was retarded at times. Yes, Will Ferrell has to show off his horrendous physique more than I like. But geez, it was a feel good movie with lots of chuckles in it. People stopped talking when it started, everyone forgot about who was kicking their seat, or that someone was pissed that they'd just gotten kicked by them, or who was jibber jabbering too loudly. Loads of laughter, and an engrossed audience at a movie with a lighthearted message, put out in a snazzy way that kids of all ages can enjoy, that's the best way I can describe it.
By the way, Heder is Mormon. I hadn't known this before, but it makes sense. I haven't seen him in anything too naughty, and I like that. He also doesn't just play Napolean Dynamite characters, but most are good natured and usually a little naive of the wicked ways of the world. He's good at it, so deal. No one else seems to be having a problem with him, his movies do quite well in fact. I always feel I need to defend him, like I have to with other likes and dislikes. Like Sandler, or Rob Schneider, people that most are quick to slam but have no excuse for why they are so gosh darn popular.
Ok, I admit, Rob Schneider is stretching it a bit. But if you've seen European Gigolo you'd be high fivin' me like a mofo right now.
Damn, it's 2:17 am, do you know where your speed skates are?
"You're gonna need 'em to get to Sleepy's house!!!"
SLEEP DIRT...

2 comments:

BigMomma3502 said...

Sorry I ditched you, but the folks didn't leave until 10 p.m. which WAAAAAY past their bedtime, right? Sylvia loved having them visit bc she loves climbing all over Mom like a human jungle gym. Ilse even came over even though she was a bit crabby at times. She was desperate to go outside to torment Harley on his own turf, but we kept her inside. Dad discovered he doesn't like Caramel Cream Diet Pepsi Jazz which is so good I drank probably half a 12-pack in this weekend which is extremely odd for me.

Now I'm waiting for the old man to get home so he can grill some hamburgers and bratwurst for supper. YUMMMMMMMMY!

Graveh said...

Yeah, I hope this comes out soon on DVD, because I'm not remembering exactly what the ending was. But it was refreshing to be able to watch a movie without having to cover your kid's eyes constantly. Admittedly, it was no brainbuster by any means, but had alot of heart. And sometimes that is enough for me...