Friday, March 02, 2007

The Shake-N-Bake-Toe-Jamb-Break!!!

Yesterday I was running around the house. Literally. So I get up, sprint to the left to get out the door, a straight run up through the next room, dodge kids' toys as I veer left yet again, the past the vacuum cleaner strewh haphazardly across the hallway.
"Herein lies my problem..."
As I come racing through my kids' room, I see the vacuum up ahead and try to give it a little extra. But I swing my right foot out a little too wide and catch some sharp ass piece of wood on the door jamb thingie.
OUC-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H-H!!!
I try to shake it off and finish strong so as not to whimper like a puppy in front of the family, and shamble into the kitchen. I look down and see what looks like my toenail completely ripped off my pinkie toe. And quite alot of blood for a pinkie toe. I make alot of strange noises as quietly as I can and stumble back to my computer room with a paper towel wrapped around my toe.
I sit down in my trusty chair and inspect the damage so's I can bandage it up properly...
"That's not toenail, Bub..."
I realize that it ain't nail...
ALL MEAT!!!
Hurt like a bitch, and throbbed like it does in cartoons sometimes. I cleaned as best I could with alcohol and tightly bandaged it all up, then threw a sock on. Then I had some pills hat made me sleepy. Needless to say, I didn't run tonight. But I'm gonna try tomorrow, maybe a light one if nothing else.
That shit sucks. Why can't this happen to my enemies? I will be ok, however.
Wonder what comes out tomorrow at the theaters...

1 comment:

Graveh said...

Instant kharma? I think not. Maybe God's will, causing me a little harm so's I can avoid a worse fender bender down the road. I likes to be optimistic, not judgemental. Or hypocritical. Maybe we should hit some meetings soon together, and pass out some coffee together.
Get some humility back in our lives...
I'm game if you are.
Cereal us Lee...