Thursday, November 23, 2006

Free Chili Monday...


My favorite day, of course, because that can mean only one thing.
"And one thing only!!!"
THE CHIEFS BEAT THE BRONCOS!!!
Look at the stats in the above picture and you will see. Larry Johnson put his Johnson all up in Denver tonight.
And at home too! That's what made it sting a little more for Broncos fans. They will be grumbling about it for the next few days, I'm sure. You know, how the refs were one sided. Not actually true in this one, they (the refs) took away an interception by Pat Surtain that might've closed the door earlier. Instead they kept giving them a chance to get back in it. Then the coach and Jake the Snake got into it on the sidelines again, and Jake wasn't quite the same after. I heard them say he'd been warned he was going to lose his spot as top dog if he didn't put out this time. I'm glad they put him in such a good position to fail like that, and that the Chiefs are not as dimwitted as to curse a guy's luck and jinx him like that.
So that was a sweet Thanksgiving finale! I went to my parents and hung out with my sisters and smoked up behind Dad's woodpile. I thought he caught me once, but if he did, he said nothing. I then gorged out on turkey, taters, dressing, and all the trimmings that came with. But no dessert. I never did like sweets. Then long ride back with WHAM! as a soundtrack whilst I yell profanities at old or handicapped people slowing up my peacefully serene trip home.
So here I am then, basking in K.C.'s glory, and turn of luck, they are now tied for second in the division with a fast fading Denver, and only San Diego in their sights. A few more wins should clinch at least a wild card maybe. But I always root for them to finish strong and take it all. Please be that year!
Please!!!

No comments: