Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Question of Lust...


How true. But who is right, who is wrong? Isn't it all a matter of perspective?
How many people will champion the beliefs of those who elected them to do so, even when it didn't mesh with their own personal opinions?
So how do you balance doing what is right, in your own head, with doing what others want from you?
I was a union steward a long time ago, and occasionally I was forced to go against my better judgement and do the job that was given to me when I couldn't convince a person to do the right thing. 99% of the time I could reason with someone, other times it was just going through the motions to appease them in their ill fated excursion of dumbassedness.
Some people will not be reasoned with. But then again, I'd probably be described as one of the same.
Is this a fault? When, or if, I realise I'm in the wrong, I fess up. Or try to. Ok, not always...
Do we need a hive mentality to survive? I can see the pros and cons of individuality. I just can't seem to make heads or tails of it. Is greed good, or is giving it all the right thing to do?
I think my online argument rarely goes down in flames, unless I get hotheaded and just let fly.
Not sure where I'm going with this, but I'm sure I had a point in there somewhere. Am I ever wrong? Yes. I also believe I learn from it. Do I believe that what I learn does anything more than further my resolve at being a hermit someday...?
Remains to be seen.

No comments: