Saturday, January 13, 2007

The Superbowl Sniffle...


So there it is, checked in red all the games I expect the Chiefs to win next year. 13-3, that's my prediction. I read the interview with Herm Edwards, and he looks to shake things down out there. I just hope and pray he knows what he's doing with my beloved team. Supposedly Priest Holmes will be back and maybe a third younger running back as well. He claims he needs three to carry the load. Running back by committee. It's been tried before with no success, hope he's got a mean plan. When it's done right, it opens up the field for long passes and then it is all over but the celebrations. That is what I'm hoping for as I'd like to have a championship while I'm still alive. I'd even love to be at the game somehow. But they gotta get there first.
It is cold and shitty here now, but not as bad as a little farther north, like in Springfield where my parents live. Many are without power, including them, and ice is abundant. Hope it gets here by Monday morning. I'd like to sleep in.
So anyway, only around eight months until football starts again for me. I will watch and root for what's left this year, mainly New Orleans and the Bears. Fuck Indy and New England, Chargers too. Either redemption in Louisiana or one for Walter Payton's ghost. Take your pick. I don't really care now. My life has ended, there is no gawd...
I need a ring!!!
"My... my preciousssss!

No comments: